Plan Your Visit
The well-being of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is our highest priority. We have adapted our visitor experience for your safety and enjoyment while meeting new health guidelines and safety standards.
Until further notice, we are open Monday through Fridays; closed Saturdays.
Please note the following changes that apply to everyone:
- If you have flu-like COVID symptoms (such as fever or chills and shortness of breath), please stay home for now.
- Masks are not required, but we encourage visitors to use the honor system and wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated. No mask? No problem. We’ll provide you with a free, one-time-use mask.
- Please leave personal belongings and strollers in your car. Purses are okay.
- Please practice social distancing while in the museum. If you visit with children, keep them nearby and socially distanced. If you visit with a group, please stay together.
- Restroom use will be limited to one person at a time or one family/group. Ask for a restroom key.
- Our store is closed because social distancing is impossible there.
- If you’re a researcher, please email, call, or mail in research or photo questions and requests, due to the small size of our library and the inability to social distance.
You Should Know
- All museum staff and volunteers will wear face masks when working with school groups.
- You can help us by providing feedback about our COVID-related practices. Thanks!
Until further notice, we are open Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. COVID safety and protocol procedures are in place. See further details in the red box above.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
The museum is located at the corner of Johnson and Main in historic downtown Springdale next to the Razorback Regional Greenway. Our address is 118 W. Johnson Avenue.
FROM I-49, take the Elm Springs Road exit (#73), east on Elm Springs Road, which turns into Huntsville Avenue, for about two miles. Turn right on Main Street. Go three blocks, and the museum will be on your left.
Free streetside parking is available on Johnson Avenue and on Main Street. Wheelchair-accessible parking is on Center Street, on the north side of the museum. From there, a sidewalk leads to the main museum building’s accessible entrance.
YOUTH GROUP TOURS
Due to COVID-19, youth group tours are not being scheduled at this time.
ADULT GROUP TOURS
Due to COVID-19, adult group tours are not being scheduled at this time.