Shiloh Museum of Ozark History is hosting the 45th Annual Ozark Quilt Fair on Saturday, September 9th, from 10 am to 2 pm on the grounds of Shiloh Museum in Springdale. This year’s festivities will include live music from The Sons of Otis Malone, food from KDK’s Chicken and Waffles food truck, and quilt-related art activities for kids. We will be awarding Viewers Choice prizes for both new and antique quilt categories. First prize in each category is $100; second prize is $50; and third prize is $25. Awards are presented at 2 pm. Many thanks to Arvest Bank for sponsoring our prizes, and Explore Springdale for their financial support.
This event is FREE to the public. Exhibitor cost is $15. Registration includes boxed lunch, and exhibitors may order additional lunches for their group. See form below for registering and more details.
There is no rain date! Please call 479-750-8165 or watch our social media to find out any changes on the day of the event.
Information for Quilt Exhibitors
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, September 6 by 5 pm. (See form below for registering. You can also download a printable version and mail to us, or you can call 479-750-8165, and we will mail you the form.)
- All quilts must be quilted or tied by hand or by free-motion machine quilting. No computer-programmed, template, or pantagraph patterns. Tops may be pieced, embroidered, or appliquéd (machine piecing is acceptable). No other forms of needlework are allowed for exhibiting or sales (e.g., no cross-stitch, crochet, or knitting).
- Antique and new quilts are welcome. Quilts may be displayed for sale. All quilts should include a label indicating prices if the quilt is for sale and history of the quilt (creator, residence, date, and pattern). If you are selling quilts, please read below for more information.
Exhibiting and Other Details
- Exhibiting: Ropes will be stretched between trees for hanging quilts. Each exhibitor may plan to use up to 15 feet of ropes, unless space and number of quilters in attendance allow more or less. Please bring chairs and tables if you would like extra display space.
- Security: Shiloh Museum staff and volunteers will be at the event all day, but YOU are the best security for your quilts.
- Food: each entrant will receive a free box lunch with a drink. Additional lunches may be pre-ordered for $10 each.
- Prizes: Viewers Choice awards will be presented at 2:00 pm for both new and antique quilt categories. First prize in each category is $100; second prize is $50; and third prize is $25.
- Contact: Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, 118 W. Johnson Ave., Springdale, AR 72764. Phone: 479-750-8165. Or click here to email us!
Use this form to register and submit fees. You can also download the registration form and return by mail: 45th Annual Ozark Quilt Fair Hard Copy Form
Information for Quilt Sellers
We are happy for exhibitors to display quilts and quilt-related accessories for selling. However, we are managing the sales process differently than in past years. The state requires us to collect sales tax on all sales made at the Quilt Fair, and this becomes a complicated process.
We are offering quilters who have handmade small quilt items or accessories an opportunity to sell them through the museum store. Contact Tina Pfister, store manager, by email or by calling 479-750-8165 to become a vendor.
Quilters who are selling quilts are asked to make arrangements with buyers off-site to complete their sales. If you have questions about this process, please Contact Angie Albright, museum director.
Special thanks to Arvest Bank and Explore Springdale!