Photo of the Month Archive
Dwain Cook poses with a crazy quilt at the family home in Kingston (Madison County), 1934. . . .
Fishback School was established in 1885 as Washington County (Arkansas) School District 68. At that time, the school was about two miles southeast of Springdale . . .
Elbie and Lillian Eaton family at the Boston (Madison County) school and church, early 1940s . . .
Picking beans at the McGarrah farm near Siloam Springs (Benton County), July 1, 1955. Standing, from left: Mrs. Bob Anderson, Bob Anderson, Geneva McGarrah Bauer, unidentified, Tom Anderson, Tom...
Forrest Hazel and Preston Brogdon ran a bustling wholesale produce market for more than thirty years, during Springdale’s heyday as an agricultural hub . . .
Joseph Albert Steele (1866–1931), a lifelong resident of Elm Springs (Benton County), was a storekeeper and buyer and seller of local farm products. In the May 6, 1917, issue of the Egg Reporter...
Seven daughters of John and Susan Henbest posed for this portrait around the year 1900. The Henbest family lived on a farm near Mount Comfort . . .
General Clayton Gilbert with his grandsons in Bentonville, circa 1918. . . .
The group stands next to a school bus for the Parthenon Consolidate School District. Elmer Casey, who taught at Parthenon . . .
Corner of Spring and Mountain streets, Eureka Springs, circa 1900. The occasion is unknown. At the time of the photo, the building was occupied by . . .
According to the 1910 census, Fayetteville resident Sarah Morton was born in 1855 in Tennessee. Her occupation in 1910 is listed as . . .
Robert Henry Stokenbury and Lydia Johnson Stokenbury of Elkins (Washington County) stand with their children . . .
Audie Sharp and Rhoda Mitchell await hungry school children at Wesley School (Madison County), 1950s. . . .
Thomas and Matilda Burnett Mustain family at their home near the Silent Grove community (Benton County), circa 1910. . . .
Tom Farish and an identified worker at a irrigation pond in Lowell (Benton County), July 1946. . . .
Frisco Railroad coaling tower at Fayette Junction, a switchyard that was located in present-day south Fayetteville . . .
A bountiful table was set for an elegant dinner at the W. H. Cecil home in Boone County, circa 1905. . . .
Bobby Smitherman (from left), with Debbie, Greg, and Mike Mohney, take a look at the new Highway 12 bridge spanning . . .